PRE-LICENSING COURSES FOR AGENTS AND ADJUSTERS
Upcoming Conyers Live & Online Courses
GATSON TRAINING ASSOCIATES
How to Obtain an Insurance License
If you're considering a career in the insurance industry, a number of positions require that you hold an insurance license. There are several types of insurance licenses, including property/casualty (agent or adjuster), health and life. Each type of license is obtained separately, and you must be licensed in within each state where you, as an agent, or your company sells insurance. The property/casualty license allows you to sell homeowners, auto, liability and commercial products. The Life, Accident and Sickness license allows you to sell and service life and health insurance products.
- Visit the Department of Insurance website at www.oci.ga.gov. GTA only provides training classes for Georgia Residents. Currently each state has its own insurance licensing requirements.
- Complete any required pre-licensing education through a state-approved education provider such as GTA. Course material include information on insurance principles, ethics, risk management and state insurance regulations.
- Register for your insurance examination by contacting PearsonVue (1-800-274-0488) or visit them online at www.pearsonvue.com
- Study for the insurance exam. Most exams are now administered by computer and consist of multiple-choice questions. Topics include, but are not limited to, insurance regulations, coverages, ethics and risk assessment. Take a practice test and study materials from pre-licensing coursework.
- Take the insurance examination. You'll typically be required to provide two forms of identification, proof of coursework completion and confirmation numbers from the exam registration. When you register for your exam, the testing facility will provide you with the specific list of items that you'll need. You will need a 70% or better to score a passing grade.
- Complete your license application once you have successfully passed the examination. Check and double-check that you have included all necessary forms and information. Be sure to include the required application fee.
- Submit to a criminal background check. Complete Electronic Fingerprints Requirements found on the state department of insurance website. (GTA offers this service on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am-5pm). Closed for lunch from 12pm-1pm. Pre-registration is required. Click here to visit Gaps Fingerprinting
Please contact our office at 770-602-2527 if you have any additional questions regarding obtaining your insurance license.
Continuing Education Requirement for Existing Insurance Agents and Adjusters
BIENNIAL CONTINUING EDUCATION
|*All resident licensees with less than 20 years of service||24 hours (3 hours must be in ethics)|
|*All resident licensees with more than 20 years of service||20 hours (3 hours must be in ethics)|
|*Credit Insurance Only||10 hours (self study - no ethics)|
|*Limited Subagent Only||10 hours (no ethics requirement)|
|*Workers Compensation Adjuster Only||20 hours of approved CE thru WC Board - (no ethics requirement)|
Additional Continuing Education Information/Credit
- Continuing education requirements must be completed biennially on or before the last day of the licensee’s birth month.
- Credit will not be given for the same Continuing Education Course taken multiple times within the same CE reporting period.
- Credit for continuing education earned in one filing period in excess of the hours required may be carried forward to the next filing period, provided that credit carried forward shall not exceed fifty percent (50%) of biennial continuing education requirement.
Online Continuing Education Courses
Gatson Training Associates has partnered with WebCE, a leading nationwide provider of Continuing Education for insurance professionals to provide you with state-approved self-study CE courses to satisfy your CE requirements online!
WebCE delivers over a half million courses annually, and offers the largest nationwide catalog of courses approved to satisfy state-specific subject requirements on topics such as ethics, law, annuities and variable products, and LTC/LTC Partnership training.
Get 10% off your course fees*
Class begins on each day at 9:00am. Please arrive to class 10 minutes prior to start of class on the first day. Classes end each day at 5 pm. There is a lunch break as well as frequent short breaks.
All books are included in the course registration fee.
Gatson Training Associates is located at 1955 Sigman Road NW, Conyers, GA 30012 in the Abbott Ridge Crossing Plaza behind the BP. Come into the main lobby and take the elevator or stairs to the second floor. Gatson Training will be on your right. Unless other wise noted- classes are held at our main office.
Please contact us at 770-602-2527 or email us at email@example.com if you have further questions.
Georgia Insurance Department
Floyd Memorial Building 6th Floor, West Tower 2 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Atlanta, GA 30334